5 Ways to Help Your Team Manage Stress
Almost 3 out of 4 Australians are stressed at work. Yet research suggests only 1 in 2 employees would be honest with their boss if they were asked “Are you okay?” and they weren’t.
We all know the dangers of long-term stress and the obvious impact that work can have on how we feel. Here’s how you can help your team today.
- Make it normal to share – Engender a culture of openness and honesty. Share how you feel and encourage others to do the same.
- Encourage regular breaks – Get your people away from their desks regularly. We all benefit from physical change and mental breaks.
- Support health and wellbeing – Walk and talk meetings are superb for this. So is lunchtime group exercise.
- Nurture relationships – People perform better when they feel they belong. Build trust and push for positive collaboration.
- Be consistent and kind – Stress is often caused by a perceived lack of control and / or sudden change. Great managers are consistent with their approach and expectations. Even better ones also prioritise kindness.
It’s no accident that these tips will also lead to a better employee experience and a stronger employer brand. Remember – anyone can talk about it; be the manager who makes it happen.
About the Author:
Emily Dickson is Employer Branding Australia’s Content and Digital Media Manager. A creative marketer who never says no, she specialises in content and social media and loves bringing your talent stories to life. She’s also multilingual, an incredible multi-tasker and better than most at keeping Mark in check.
About Employer Branding Australia:
We exist to help you attract the best talent and keep them engaged. Together, we’ll create and promote your 'Why work for us?' and turn your authentic people stories into your most powerful marketing tool.
Contact us today for a free, honest assessment of your employer branding opportunity.
t: 07 3501 0558