1. About us
In this statement, ’EBA’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ refers to Employer Branding Australia (EBA).
2. Your privacy is important to us
We value your privacy as much as our own. We’ll keep your details safe and will never sell them to anyone or engage in any similar nasty stuff.
We understand that your privacy is important to you, and we value your trust. That’s why we protect your information and aim to be clear and open about what we do with it. This statement explains how we handle your personal information.
3. What Information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you start an application process with EBA. We may also collect information about your from other sources.
The personal information we collect about you will be used for the purpose of assessing your suitability and potential employment with EBA. This may be for the position you have applied for or for other suitable positions as they arise.
The types of personal information we collect about you during the recruitment process may include (but may not be limited to):
- Your name and contact information
- Personal information contained in your resume and/or applications
- Other academic, professional and/or training information
- Social media profiles and data from other publicly available sources, e.g. LinkedIn
- Any personal information you provide in interviews, tests, and/or interview presentations
- Any personal information provided by your referees
- Photographs and videos
- Letters of offer and acceptance of employment
- Government-issued identification information, e.g. drivers licence, or passport number
- Work permit or visa information (if applicable)
- Bank account details, tax file number, superannuation account details
- Other information that you or your representative may voluntarily provide
We may also collect, store and use types of personal information with special protections or considered sensitive personal information. Such information may include:
- Your gender identity, pronouns, race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, caring responsibilities or disability information
- Your health, including any medical condition
This information is not used to assess your suitability for employment with EBA. We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- To provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process
- To ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring, to comply with anti-discrimination laws or for government reporting obligations
- For the purpose of internal diversity and inclusion analysis
4. How do we use your personal information that we collect?
We are super careful about how we use your personal information.
We collect your personal information for the purpose of assessing your suitability for employment with us and for other recruitment purposes, including:
- Assessing whether you would be suitable for a position or positions with us including the verification of references and qualifications
- Contacting you about the recruitment process, procedures and conducting interviews
- Verifying your identity and confirming your eligibility to work in Australia (e.g. reviewing work visa documents)
- Conducting background checks or police checks
- Contacting you with information regarding your current application
- Contacting you about new job opportunities and retaining your information for talent pooling purposes
- Enter into an employment contract with you
When you apply for an opportunity with Employer Branding Australia, you may be added to our Talent Community, where we may contact you to discuss relevant opportunities at EBA as they become available. Through this platform we can keep you informed of other job opportunities you might be interested in.
You may receive updates, where we share our latest news and insights relevant to Employer Branding Australia.
If you do not want to be part of the Talent Community or receive updates, please email email@example.com.
5. How do we collect personal information, and who do we share it with?
We will generally collect personal information directly from you or via LiveHire.
Sometimes we may be required to collect and/or disclose personal information about you from or to third parties, for example:
- Your referees (or the organisations they represent)
- Recruitment agencies, online recruitment and talent marketplace platforms or service providers that conduct pre-employment screening and assessment during the recruitment process
- Law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record
- Educational or vocational organisations to verify your qualifications
- Online employee onboarding or HR service providers to onboard successful candidates
- Service providers that provide EBA with products and support services, such as travel agents, human resource management tools, job advertising platforms or security providers
If we cannot collect personal information relevant to your application and potential employment with us, we will not be able to assess or progress your application.
Accessing, updating and correcting your personal information
Access to, correction of and complaints in respect of personal information.
We will also disclose your personal information to the online recruitment and talent marketplace platform ‘LiveHire’, as made available through www.livehire.com and any associated URL (‘LiveHire’).
LiveHire will use your personal information to connect you with us for current and future job opportunities and talent pooling purposes.
Queries regarding privacy should be directed to the attention of the CEO via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 07 3709 1003 - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm AEST, excluding Queensland and national public holidays