Employer Branding Australia values and respects the privacy of personal information in our care. We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information by complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and other applicable Australian privacy laws and regulations.
Job applicants can read and acknowledge Employer Branding Australia’s Candidate Privacy Collection Statement.
What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ has the meaning given in the Privacy Act, but in broad terms, it means information that identifies you as an individual or from which you can be reasonably identified.
This policy applies to all personal information Employer Branding Australia collects. References in this policy to ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive information’ have the same meaning as in the Privacy Act:
- ‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not, and whether or not recorded in a material form.
- ‘Sensitive information’ (a type of personal information), means information or an opinion about an individual’s race or ethnic origins, political opinions and associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences or practices, trade or professional associations and memberships, union membership, criminal record, health or genetic information or biometric information.
In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
Employer Branding Australia may collect your personal information from a range of sources, including from you, contractors, business partners and government agencies. For example, we may collect your personal information when you:
- Request or acquire a product or service from us
- Provide a service or product to us
- Apply for employment or work experience with us
- Communicate with us via our website, by email, telephone or in writing
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, other contact details, payment details, occupation, photographs, and other information to assist us in conducting our business, and marketing our products and services
- Information about candidates, staff and directors, as required in the normal course of human resource management and the operation of a business
- Information about current and previous Employer Branding Australia suppliers and clients with whom Employer Branding Australia has dealings
Under certain circumstances, Employer Branding Australia may need to collect sensitive information about you. This might include any information or opinion about your gender identity, pronouns, race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, caring responsibilities, disability information, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information.
If we collect your sensitive information, we will do so only with your consent, if it is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to life or health, or as otherwise required or authorised by law, and we take appropriate measures to protect the security of this information.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym.
However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We may collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- Interact with us over the phone or online
- Interact with us in person
- Interact with us via face-to-face meeting or virtual meeting
- Participate in surveys or questionnaires
- Attend an Employer Branding Australia event
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor or volunteer
- Visit our website, including if you use it to contact us
- Fill out a form, including as part of acquiring a product or service from us
Why do we collect your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- For marketing and research purposes and to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you
- To deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering
- To improve the quality of the services we offer
- For internal administrative purposes
How and why do we use personal information?
Employer Branding Australia only uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, for related purposes as required or permitted by law, or where you consent to the use or disclosure. These purposes may include:
- In the ordinary course of conducting our business. For example, supplying or acquiring products and services, responding to your enquiries and feedback, and providing information about our events, news, publications and products and services that may be of interest to you
- Market research and product and service development, so we are able to better understand our customers’ needs and tailor our future products and services accordingly
- Performing general administration, reporting and management functions. For example, invoicing and account management, payment processing, risk management, training, quality assurance and managing suppliers
- Employment-related purposes, such as recruiting and providing services to employees
- Other purposes related to or in connection with our business, including meeting our legal and contractual obligations to third parties and for internal corporate governance purposes
Use of personal information for marketing purposes
We may use your personal information (other than sensitive information) to provide you with information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
You may opt out at any time if you do not wish, or no longer wish, to receive marketing and promotional material. You may do this by:
- Contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we no longer send you marketing or promotional material
- Where applicable, clicking the “Unsubscribe” button
How do we protect your personal information?
Employer Branding Australia will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is kept confidential and secure. We use a range of physical, operational and technological security measures to protect your information. These include:
- Staff education and training to ensure our staff are aware of their privacy obligations when handling your personal information
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal information to only those people who need access
- Technological security measures, including firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software, password access and secure servers
How long is my personal information stored?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws.
How can I access my personal information?
You may request to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us, and we will respond within a reasonable amount of time.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you unless otherwise permitted or required by law. If we deny you access to the information, we will notify you of the basis for the denial unless an exception applies.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will provide access to the information we hold about you in the manner you request.
How can I inquire or make a complaint?
For complaints about how Employer Branding Australia handles, processes or manages your personal information, please email: email@example.com
You will need to provide us with details of your complaint, as well as any supporting evidence and information. We may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Employer Branding Australia will review all complaints we receive and will respond to your complaint in a reasonable timeframe. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Employer Branding Australia’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au) to lodge a complaint.
Where can I find out more about my privacy rights?
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this policy, you can contact us for assistance: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website uses third-party analytic services to help us better understand visitor traffic so that we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.